- Smart heating and cooling at all 3Eye facilities
- Recycling program
- Paid day off to volunteer for an environmental initiative
- Buy local program
- Dollar-for-dollar employee charitable contribution match
- Annual $10,000 grant to Battle Creek based startup(s)
- Intern program
- Paid day off to volunteer for a community based social program
- Gender equitable compensation and representation in leadership
- Full time hourly positions at highly competitive wages
- Amazing Benefits including fully paid maternity leave, 4 weeks PTO, and a generous bonus program
- Cap on executive compensation (maximum 3x average employee salary)
Why focus on these initiatives?
Most know Battle Creek as “Cereal City, USA.” Like many industrial towns, Battle Creek has seen much of its manufacturing base move overseas to lower labor costs. This, along with other macro-economic factors, has taken a toll on the community.
Here are some statistics that highlight the importance of these initiatives.
- In 2019, 22.2% of Battle Creek residents were in poverty. That’s nearly 10% higher than the state average.
- The median household income was $42,000 in 2019, which is $15,000 below the state average.
- The number one objective of the City of Battle Creek is to raise the income of low-income families.
It’s important that companies like 3Eye take a lead role in providing better opportunities for our communities.